Lead Software Engineer
Position Type: Permanent / Full time
Location: Istanbul & Ankara
Sestek is a global technology company helping brands with conversational AI and Analytics solutions, to be data-driven, work efficiently, and deliver better experiences for their customers. Since 2000, Sestek has been developing patented technologies, leading a pioneering role in the collaboration between academia and industries such as financial services, telecommunications, retail, and the public sector. Sestek’s AI-powered solutions depend on text-to-speech, speech recognition, natural language processing, and voice biometrics technologies.
About the Job
We are the market leader in Conversational AI and Analytics Solutions in Turkey, and we are becoming a global brand with our increasing international projects. We are seeking a Lead Software Engineer for our market-leading and innovative R&D company, which offers career opportunities in speech technologies that are among today’s most trending and top 10 future technologies.
The successful candidate will work in our İstanbul office and will be responsible for the following;
- Guiding team development efforts towards successful project delivery
- Providing technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Designing the software application architectures, hands-on coding with the team, and developing major tasks
- Maintaining high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Analyzing and resolving technical problems, assisting in third-level support when needed
- Developing integrations between applications
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates, and work plans
- Providing in-company training
- Following cutting-edge technologies.
- Experience in Social media API
- Knowledge of and experience in NodeJS
- Knowledge of and experience in Signal
- Knowledge of microservices and containerization.
- Experience on server/client-side caching mechanism
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related areas
- At least 7 years of coding experience
- Good command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to document code both in English and in Turkish
- Military service must be completed or postponed for at least two years for male candidates.
- Hands-on experience of OOP (Object Oriented Programming), Design Patterns, Solid Principles
- Programming skills in C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, and Restful/SOAP Web services
- Strong Knowledge of ORM (Entity Framework, NHibernate, etc.)
- Strong Knowledge of Dependency Injection, IoC Containers, Life Cycles
- Knowledge of client-side technologies like Bootstrap, AngularJS, React, Ext JS
- Strong skill and knowledge on Microsoft SQL Server, Querying, and Reporting
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in a technical leadership position