The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the personal data that Sestek collects, how we use it, and when we share it, as we interact with you, deliver our products and services, and conduct our business operations. This Statement applies to Sestek Ses ve Iletisim Bilgisayar Teknolojileri San. ve Tic. A.S., its affiliates and any wholly owned subsidiaries worldwide, referred to in this Statement as “Sestek.” When we refer to Sestek products, we mean all Sestek products and services.
For the purposes of applicable data privacy legislation, the Sestek affiliate or subsidiary responsible for the collection and use of your personal data is either the affiliate or subsidiary with which you contract or engage, or the affiliate or subsidiary located in the country in which you reside. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to confirm the identity of the responsible Sestek affiliate.
What personal information do we collect from the people?
- If you engage with Sestek for marketing purposes, such as by expressing interest in Sestek Products through a web form, participating in a promotion, or attending a Sestek or other marketing event, we will collect the information you submit to us, such as your contact details (including name, email address, phone number, job title) and the Sestek Products that interest you.
- When you use Sestek support service, we may collect the contact information such as name, email, phone number, organization name and job title.
- When you submit an employment application via email, we collect the personal data disclosed by your application, such as but not limited to your name, email address, phone number, and employment and education history.
- When you contact with us to ask your personal data held by Sestek, we collect the contact information data specified in “Personal Data Owner Application Form” to verify your identity.
Through our Products, we may collect personal data directly in the following situations:
- When you use Sestek speech recognition technology, whether by using Sestek’s own Products or by using third party products that employ Sestek speech recognition technology, we may capture your voice and the words that that is not associated with a particular person.
- We may also collect other electronic data derived from your use of our Products. This data may include your IP address, usage data, and data showing your registration, installation and use of Sestek software Products. Except for IP address and unique device identifiers, we generally collect this data on an aggregate and non-identifying basis.
How do we use your information?
- We use contact information to market, sell, and service Sestek Products, subject to your consent where required by law. We allow recipients of marketing messages and collateral to opt out of receiving further communications from Sestek at any time without detriment.
- We use your financial or payment information, and your contact details, to support, establish, and conduct customer relationships as necessary for the performance of our terms of service with you (including, for example, completing purchase transactions, fulfillment of an order, order confirmations, responding to requests for information about products and services, and the provision of purchased products and services). If you fail to provide the personal data we need, we may be unable to complete your transaction.
- We use personal data from employment applications where necessary to support our legitimate interest in processing your application and to contact you if future opportunities arise.
- We use personal data of individuals associated with proposed resellers and distributors to conduct reference and background checks ahead of entering into a contract and as necessary for compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject.
- We use the personal data that is processed within our solutions, such as voice data within speech recognition products, personal data processed in communications products, and any personal data contained within product usage data we collect, to deliver our products under applicable terms and for our legitimate interests in tuning, maintaining, enhancing, and developing our solutions and products. We never use this data, referred to as sensitive data, for marketing purposes and we never sell or transfer your data to third parties for the third party’s marketing purposes.
- We use aggregated, non-identifying, electronic data collected from use of our Sites and Products to operate, analyze, improve, and develop our Sites and Products. This information is not used to inform decisions about specific individuals; rather, it is processed to understand how different categories of users interact with our Sites and Products so that we can consistently improve our Products.
How do we protect your information?
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all personal information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. We provide the website’s security by monitoring and updating continuously and protect with anti-virus program.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
If you turn cookies off, some features will be disabled that make your site experience more efficient and may not function properly.
When We Share Personal Data?
- We may share personal data with our affiliates, subsidiaries, resellers, suppliers, sub-contractors, and distributors, and with vendors acting on our and their behalf, to service our customers and perform any contract we enter with you.
- We may share personal data derived from Site usage (excluding Product Personal Data), with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our Sites, subject to the cookie section of this Privacy Statement. Our Sites may use Google Analytics. The way Google collects and processes data when delivering Google Analytics is described here: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- We may share personal data from employment applications with vendors acting on our behalf who help us in recruitment, background check and human resources matters.
- We may also share personal data to comply with law and legal process, to respond to governmental inquiries and lawful requests from by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements), and to protect life, property, or the security of Sestek or its customers. If Sestek enters any merger, acquisition, or asset sale of all or any part of its business, personal data held by Sestek may be transferred to a buyer or successor entity.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
You may have the rights under applicable laws in certain circumstances to:
- ask for access to details of the personal data held by us about you, free of charge;
- to request the rectification, restriction or erasure of your personal data held by us;
- to object to the processing your data;
- to request that any personal data provided by you, be transferred to a third party.
Sestek never sells or transfers your data to third parties for the third party’s marketing purposes. You can object to receiving further marketing from Sestek at any time without detriment. You can change your preferences to opt out of marketing communications at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Alternatively, please follow the opt-out instructions in the relevant communication. If you opt out, we will retain your email address to confirm that we do not send you further communications.
You can also exercise the rights listed above, or write to us with any complaints, at any time by contacting us, specifying the nature of your request by filling the “Personal Data Owner Application Form”, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time by publishing an updated version on Sestek’s Sites. Each updated version will include the date the statement was last updated. Please review the latest version of this Privacy Statement periodically to keep current with Sestek’s use of personal data.
Updated: July 23, 2019