Speech recognition technology has become an increasingly popular concept in recent years. From organizations to individuals, the technology is widely used for various advantages it provides.
One of the most notable advantages of speech recognition technology includes the dictation ability it provides. With the help of technology, users can easily control devices and create documents by speaking. Speech recognition allows documents to be created faster because the software generally produces words as quickly as they uttered, which is usually much faster than a person can type. Dictation solutions are not only used by individuals but also by organizations that require massive transcription tasks such as healthcare and legal.
Speech recognition technology also makes invaluable contributions to organizations. Businesses that provide customer services benefit from the technology to improve self-service in a way that enriches the customer experience and reduces organizational costs. With the help of the voice recognition technology, callers can input information such as name, account number, the reason for their call, etc. without interacting with a live agent. Instead of having callers remain idly on hold while agents are busy, organizations can engage their callers without live customer representatives. That is why speech recognition technology contributes to cost savings by minimizing or even eliminating the need for live agents while improving customer experience.
Call centers that are continually challenged to balance customer satisfaction with cost containment apply voice recognition technology to benefit from the invaluable advantages of the technology. Speech recognition technology;
- delivers a great customer experience while improving the self-service system’s containment rate
- encourages natural, human-like conversations that create more satisfying self-service interactions with customers
- automates what touchtone cannot by collecting dynamic data such as names and addresses
- enables organizations to save agents for more critical tasks
Sestek Speech Recognition technology act as a useful customer service automation tool for many organizations, notably call centers. SESTEK Speech Recognition has a high recognition accuracy as a result of its state-of-the-art acoustic model. The technology;
- transforms complicated IVR menus to easy-to-use systems
- it is compatible with all major operating systems and speech standards
- improves security by eliminating agents from data processing
- provides an alternative for the customers who prefer to skip touchtone menus and connect to agents
- guarantees better customer service experience increased customer satisfaction and decreased operational costs
Author: Hilal Bakanay, Senior Marketing Specialist, Sestek